Stamped on the transom of the Express 34 is the hull Identification number. These are unique numbers that identify each boat. Similar to a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on a car.
It should look like something like this: ABQ34026H788
Here’s what it means (I think):
- ABQ = Alsberg Brothers Boatworks
- 34 = Model number – Express 34
- 026 = Hull Number – In which order did this hull come out of the mold. In this case it would be the 26th boat produced.
- H7 = Internal Alsberg Brothers code?
- 88 = Year produced; in this case 1988
So far the highest hull number I’ve seen so far is ‘Element’ out of Erie, PA at 28!