- Owner: Dave R.
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Year: 1987
- Hull #: 5
- Sail #: 97089
- PHRF: 99
Designed by Carl Schumacher and built by Alsberg Brothers, the Express 34 exceeds the American Bureau of Shipping’s Guide for Building and Classing Offshore Yachts. With her straight sheer and graceful overhangs, the Express 34 is arguably one of the most handsome racer / cruisers built. The Express 34 was selected by Sailing World as the 1986 Boat of the Year.
Below she is light and airy with an oak interior. This is a comfortable cruiser with all the amenities including a great galley, roomy main cabin, V-berth, large chart table, and huge quarter berth. She is easily handled by a couple. The Express 34 PHRF base rating is 99, and she is exceptionally fast on the racecourse. Extremely well cared for by a competitive racer, she has a newly applied racing bottom, carbon spinnaker pole and an extensive sail inventory.
- In the forward cabin is a large V-berth with an ensuite head and hanging locker. There is a large hatch above for excellent ventilation or sail access. The main salon has 2 settees outboard with storage above and below. The salon table folds up against the bulkhead when not in use. The starboard side L shaped galley has a 2 burner propane stove and oven, a top loading refrigerator and a double stainless steel sink. Across from the galley is the navigation station and aft is a large quarter berth.
- Sail Inventory
- 155% Carbon Genoa 155% Jibtop Carbon Lt #1 Carbon Lt #2 Carbon Mainsail 75 oz Class Spinnaker 5 oz Spinnaker Code 2A Spinnaker
- Sailing Equipment and Gear
- Rod Rigging Carbon Spinnaker Pole New traveler track and cars B&G Instruments with mast and cockpit readouts Winches – (2) 46 Harken Self Tailing, (4) 40 Harken self tailing Keel Window Gamin 180 GPS Raymarine VHF