- Owner: Greg & Angela S.
- Location: San Juan Islands, WA
- Year: 1986
- Hull #: 1
- Sail #: 42204
- PHRF: 99
My wife and I purchased Wailana in November of 2013. We are in the process of fixing, repairing, occasionally breaking and upgrading things. She was in pretty good shape when we bought her but an accident where our slip-mate broke a line in a storm left a good sized hole amidships. That was repaired in the spring of 2014 and Wailana was repainted with Alexseal in ‘Stars & Stripes’ blue.
- Previous names: Shamrock, Locomotion, Summer Light
- Wailana means: Tranquil seas or calm waters, as in the smooth flowing movements of a hula dancer or the title for the most elite of hula dancers or ‘super amazing girl’.
- Newer Yanmar 3ym20 diesel engine with ~400 hours.
- Rod rigging (replaced 6/14)
Modifications from original:
- Starboard deck anchor locker glassed over
- New Klacko spar in late 1990s or early 2000s?
- Tiller cut down approx. 1′
- Head and holding tank replaced with fancy porti-potty
- Spinnaker winches are now self-tailing Lewmars
- Pacific Cup 2006 – 2nd place, Division B as Locomotion
- Friday Harbor Sailing Club Fall Series 2014 – 1st place
- Round the County 2014 – 10th in division, 40th overall
- Shamrock was owned or raced by David Rodgers in 1999 COBYC.
- Locomotion was owned and raced by Edward Morgan (in the mid-2000s?).
- Summer Light was owned and raced by Mark Music out of Seattle.