Burning Questions; If you know the answer to any of these please leave a reply (at the bottom) and we’ll add it to the knowledge base!
- Question: Polar diagrams for the Express 34 – anybody have them?
Answer: Oh yeah. Check them out here! – E34_Polars
- Question: Cracks in the stanchion bases on the inside of the boat – only on the port side.
Answer: Water getting in and freezing expands and cracks the base. Prevent water from accessing the stanchion base. Or move to a tropical climate where freezing isn’t a problem. From Joseph M. on Sabrina – Glenn Cove, NY
- Question: How do I fix rotten core in the deck?
Answer: Click here!
- Question: Express 34 racing tips?
- Question: How do you control weather helm? I seem to have excessive amounts going upwind.
- Question: In very light winds at low speed I sometimes lose all helm control. I think it’s cause I stall my keel. It could be we have a lot of current in the Pacific Northwest. Any way to prevent that?
- Question: Weird compartment/shelf way upfront under the forward bunk? A battery box?
- Question: Installing a crash box forward. Anybody done this?
- Question: Tuning the rig. Any ideas or specs?
- Question: Copies of the original manuals that came with the boat?
Question: Proper use of the check stays? Necessary or just another thing to trip over?
Question: Fine tune setup on the mainsheet needed or just another thing to add to the cockpit spaghetti?
Question: Any experience in dropping the rudder?
- Question: Forward hatch doesn’t seat well and leaks on the starboard front corner. Anybody else have this issue?
- Question: Blisters on the bottom near the keel/hull connection. I’ve got about a dozen zits and have heard about this on the 27′ Expresses. Can I just barrier coat this area or should I do the whole thing?